User Permissions note:
Only Group Admins can update a group's services.
There is no inbuilt way to add to your services or amend your service data in Local Insight, with a few exceptions listed below. Therefore, if you wish to update your services you will need to download the current list, make changes to the CSV and then re-upload it. This article will explain how to do that.
Firstly, there are certain elements of your group’s service data that can be updated without downloading the CSV and reuploading it. This includes:
- Changing the color and shape of the icon.
- Changing the name of your service types.
- Selecting which service types to show on the map by default.
Read more about editing your service type data.
How to update your services
To update your services download your current service list CSV, make changes to that CSV and then import it.
- Firstly, click Group Admin > Manage Services.
- Click Download details of your services. This will download your services in CSV format.
- Make amendments to the CSV, whether that is adding more rows or amending existing data. Read more on how to format your CSV correctly.
- Once you are happy with the file, check that it meets the file requirements then return to the Manage Services page and upload it.
Uploading new services will remove and replace all of your existing services and reset your service types. All icons will revert back to the default icons and service type descriptions will be removed.