User Permissions note:
Only Group Admin users can upload service data.
To upload your service data into Local Insight you will need to have the data formatted correctly and saved as a CSV. Before you upload your file we recommend that you download the details of your existing services and save a copy in case you want to revert back to that version.
Firstly, click Group Admin > Manage Services
If you already have service data uploaded to your group this will show at the top of the page with the option to Download details of your services. If you have no services uploaded then you can download the empty template.
- Download the template file to begin; this will contain your current services if you have imported any
- The file must be formatted correctly
- Column A must have the header “Postcode”, here is where you list your postcodes, there is no limit on the number of postcodes you can upload
- Column B must have the header “Service type”, here is where you categorise your postcodes into types. These are defined by you and there is a limit of up to 30 different service types.
Adding metadata to your services
If you would like to add additional information to individual services you can add up to 5 extra columns of data.
- Within these 5 extra columns, the first row will act as a header. Here you can label the data you will be adding (this is a free text field)
- Each service can include information for any, all, or none of these fields
- For each line, you can then add unique information relating to that service. This is a free text field with a maximum of 250 characters
Upload the file:
- When you are ready to upload your file, check that it is a CSV, select it and upload.
- Please note: Uploading new services will remove and replace all of your existing services and reset your service types. All icons will revert back to the default icons and service type descriptions will be removed.