Is there a maximum number of service types I can use?
- Currently, you can load in up to thirty different types.
I only have three service types I wish to use.
- That’s not a problem. Thirty is the maximum, however, any number up to that is fine.
What if I don’t assign some of my services with service types?
- Any service that you do not assign with service types will be assigned to the default service type “Unclassified”.
Do unassigned services count as one of my thirty service types?
- Yes. Any service you do not assign will automatically be assigned to the default service type “Unclassified”, which will count as one of your thirty service types.
Can I assign more than one service type to a service?
- No, each service must only be assigned to one service type. However, you can add metadata to each service, this allows you to add more information to your services
I don’t have any service types
- That’s not a problem. All of your services will automatically be assigned to the default service type “Unclassified”.
I’ve already been using Local Insight and have various custom areas set-up. How will they be affected?
- Custom areas are not affected by service types. This means that you also do not need to include service types in custom area uploads.
How will I distinguish between different service types on the map?
- Each service type is represented by a different colour/shape icon. You can view these on the Local Insight map.
Will service types affect my reports?
- No, reports are not affected by the service types.
Will any of the data be affected by the service types?
- No, the aggregated data is not affected by service types.