- Any custom area created using the shapefile importer will not be editable - see below for editing options. They will appear in the same way as areas created by the draw an area on the map appear.
- In order to edit the shapefile itself, you will need to do so in your GIS platform or liaise with your GIS team to create a new shapefile, before importing to Local Insight.
- If you have already created a custom area by importing a shapefile and wish to edit this area, you can take the following steps:
- Identify the custom area you wish to edit
- Delete this custom area in Local Insight
- In your GIS platform, edit this area as you wish
- Reimport your shapefile
- This will reject other duplicate areas and only import your identified custom area with the changes you made in your GIS platform
Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this further.