User permissions note:
- Only Group Admin users can update all reports for an organisation.
- You can bulk update all existing reports using Update All Reports.
- This will generate an updated report for every custom area you currently have at least one report for in the Reports tab. This feature will not update reports that have been deleted.
- The comparators used in the reports will be whatever is currently selected on the Manage Profile page when the Update All Reports button was clicked. Read more about setting comparators.
Using the Update All Reports feature
In order to bulk update your reports, you will need to:
- Navigate to the Reports tab at the top of Local Insight.
- Click the Update All Reports button.
- You should then receive a message warning you how long it will take.
- This will create an updated report for every custom area showing in the Report tabs. For example, if you have 3 reports for the custom area 'Brighton' and you click update all reports, you will not create 3 more reports for the same custom area but just one report for the latest time-point.
How long will it take to update all the reports?
- It will take time to process all the reports, on average each report can take up to 10 minutes to generate. The reports will appear in the Reports tab in sequential order.
- If you are using the Update all reports feature, it is better to do this at the end of the working day to avoid long queue times.
- If there are a few reports you would like immediately, we advise requesting those reports individually first and then pressing the Update All Reports button.
New custom areas:
- To generate a report for a custom area that doesn’t have an existing report, or to update a selection of your reports, go to the Manage Custom Areas page and generate reports from there.
- You will not be able to generate/update any reports individually until the ‘update all reports’ task has fully completed.