If you have previously created reports for your custom areas you can update all those reports in one go at the click of a button.
Please note: To use the update all your reports button you must have already created reports for those custom areas and have them in the reports tab. Please do not delete the old reports before clicking Update all as there will then be nothing to update.
Step by step guide to updating all reports
In order to update all of your reports in one go, you will need to:
- Navigate to the Reports tab at the top of Local Insight (or navigate here)
- Click the 'Update all reports' button
- You should then receive a message warning you how long it will take
Please note: This will create an updated report for each of your custom areas. For example, if you have three reports for the custom areas 'Brighton' and you click update all reports, you will not create three more reports for the same custom area but just one report for the latest time-point.
How long will this take?
- It will take time to process all the reports, on average each report can take up to 10 minutes to generate. The reports will appear in the Reports tab in sequential order. Therefore, if you are using the Update all reports feature, we do ask that if possible you please do this at the end of the working day to avoid long queue times
- If there are a few reports you would like immediately, we would advise requesting those reports individually first and then pressing the Update all reports button.
New custom areas
- To generate a report for a new custom area, which has not yet had a report created before, or to update a selection of your reports, go to the custom areas page and generate reports from there.
- You will not be able to generate/update any reports individually until the ‘update all reports’ task has fully completed (i.e. all your reports have updated).