You can create custom areas in Local Insight in a number of ways. Firstly, navigate to the custom areas page by clicking Group Admin > Manage Custom Areas
You will then see a list of your group's existing custom areas.
- Click Add Custom Area
- Name your custom area and provide a description. (The description is not required but it is a useful way to explain to others within your organisation how and why the area was created).
3. You are now given three different methods for creating your custom area
- Draw on a map. Use this method if the area you would like to define is not a standard area. Use the zoom tool to pinpoint exactly how you would like that area to be defined.
- Upload a list of your service postcodes via CSV, or paste them in, directly. Use this feature to understand in-depth the areas where your key services are based.
- Based on standard area. Use this feature to create standard areas such as Local Authority areas, MSOA and LSOA areas. This can be a useful way to compare your areas against other standard areas across the country.