- Import you data directly from your spreadsheet by using the Copy and paste directly button:
- Highlight all the relevant data rows and simply copy and paste:
To tidy up your columns:
- Firstly, you must specify which row, if any, contains the headers for your data and which row contains your first row of data. If you do not have headers then choose 0 for the header and then 1 for the first row of data
- Next, tidy up your columns. You can only upload two columns of data: One column containing the standard area data (postcodes, LSOA codes, LA codes, etc.) and the other column containing a piece of numeric data. If you have other irrelevant columns, you can select to ignore them.
- Once this is complete, click Next Step
Once happy with the data select:
- The data may take a little while to upload.On average Local Insight takes 4 minutes per 8000 rows.
- Once imported, you will be redirected back to the Manage Data page. To view your custom dataset on the map check out this article:
- Add a custom dataset to the maps and dashboard