Navigate to the custom areas page by clicking Group Admin > Manage Custom Areas
- Click Add Custom Area
- Name your custom area and provide a description. (The description is not required but it is a useful way to explain to others within your organisation how and why the area was created).
- Select Based on standard area for the area type
- You will be given two options to determine how the data for that area will be generated. Choose between: ‘Create based on the geographic area’ or ‘Create based on service within the area’. In most cases, it will be more appropriate to select the first option, ‘Create based on the geographic area.’
5. Select whether you would like to see a list of Local Authority areas, MSOA areas or LSOA areas
6. Use the hide items with no services box in the bottom right corner to hide standard areas where you have no services. This will make it easier to find your areas. Remember, you can create areas where you have no services, Local Insight contains a full list of all LAs, MSOAs and LSOAs within England
7. You can also select multiple areas at once to create a larger area. Use this if the area which you work in is made up of a number of different LSOAs.
8. Click the save button when you are ready to create your area
When your custom area has been created you will be able to
Please note: If you are creating a custom area made up of LSOAs and/or MSOAs that spans multiple local authorities, please send the full list of LSOA/MSOA codes you would like included in your area to email@example.com and we can set this up for you.