Navigate to the custom areas page by clicking Group Admin > Manage Custom Areas
- Click Add Custom Area
- Name your custom area and provide a description. (The description is not required but it is a useful way to explain to others within your organisation how and why the area was created).
- Select Draw on a map for the area type
- You will be given two options to determine how the data for your specified area will be generated. Choose between; ‘Create based on the geographic area’ or ‘Create based on service within the area’. In most cases, it will be more appropriate to select the first option, ‘create based on the geographic area.’
Now you can use the drawing tool:
- Zoom in and out as far as you would like
- Click on the blue Jump to Location button to open a popup where you can enter a postcode or address and jump to that location
- Drop points on the map around the area you would like to define
- Once the area is complete you may edit it by clicking and moving the pointers on the map
- If you would like to start again simply click Start Over in the top left of the box
Once you are happy with your shape, select save and you will return to the main Manage Custom Areas page.
When your custom area has been created you will be able to